- Quality and Type of Microscope
- Frequency of Use
- Type of Use
In order to prolong the life of your microscope, it is recommended that you use a cover to help protect it from any airborne contaminants. Another factor that helps, is where you store your microscope. Try to store your microscope in a clean, dry area with a regulated temperature.
Try to stay away from solvents because they can destroy delicate components of your microscope. You can clean your microscope with a dust removing surface cloth and distilled water or microscope cleaning wipes.
- Unplug your microscope before cleaning it
- Never clean the internal lens
- Clean eyepiece tubes and rims with a dry cloth
- Clean optics with cotton clothes
- Use lens cleaning paper as directed for camera lenses